Hair thinning and hair loss can make you anxious about your appearance. It is hard to accept losing your hair. Fortunately, hair thinning and hair loss in most cases are not permanent. New technologies have emerged that target hair thinning and hair loss.
Let’s talk about one of the most advanced solutions available for treating hair loss. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is a non-surgical hair loss treatment that aims to regenerate hair follicles. Let’s talk about how PRP injections can help with your hair problem.
How Do PRP Hair Growth Injections Work?
PRP therapy is a treatment that uses your own blood to help stimulate hair growth. The platelets in your blood contain growth factors, which are essential for the healing and regeneration of tissue. When injected into the scalp, these growth factors can help to thicken existing hair and promote new hair growth, by stimulating hair follicles.
For PRP treatment, a small amount of blood is drawn from your arm and placed in a centrifuge to separate platelets from the rest of the blood’s components. This creates a highly concentrated solution of platelets that your scalp can get a significant boost from. Then, the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is injected into your scalp in the areas of thinning or balding. You may need two to three treatments spaced four to six weeks apart to see effective results. The frequency depends on the assessment of your hair restoration doctor, who will discuss what is best for you.
Benefits of PRP Hair Growth Injections
PRP hair growth injections are usually part of a comprehensive treatment for hair loss. With time, PRP injections assist with growing thicker, fuller hair. Other benefits include:
- Thickening and strengthening hair follicles, resulting in fuller, thicker hair.
- Stimulate new hair growth, especially beneficial for those with thinning or receding hairlines.
- Improve the quality of existing hair, making it shinier and healthier looking overall.
- Can be used as a standalone treatment or to boost the results of non-surgical treatments, such as low-level laser therapy, ACell, and stem cell therapy, or to boost the results of hair transplant surgery.
- Because PRP therapy involves using the patient’s own blood cells, there is no risk of allergic reaction or rejection as there might be with other types of treatments.
If you are interested in this revolutionary hair loss treatment, see a hair restoration doctor that is highly experienced in administering the procedure.
PRP Hair Growth Treatment in Kansas City and Des Moines
Dr. Scott Darling at Darling Hair Restoration provides patients with options to restore their hair to youthful density. We offer a wide range of non-surgical treatment options, including platelet-rich plasma therapy, as well as hair transplant surgery. Dr. Darling likes to combine treatments to achieve the best results for our patients.
Put your trust in the best hair doctor in Kansas City and Des Moines. Dr. Darling is a hair restoration doctor who maintains a reputation for excellence. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Darling, call our clinic today at (816) 792-3400 or use our convenient online request form.